St James the Less, Pimlico is looking to appoint a Children and Families Worker (p/t)
To help them to develop their growing work within their community.
The ideal candidate will have a strong Christian faith and a passion for reaching out with the gospel in creative ways. They will:
- Be willing to commit to the community in Pimlico and at James the Less
- Be able to build on and develop our existing children and families work
- Have experience of, and understanding of working with in areas of ethnic diversity and deprivation
- Be a self-starter and strategic thinker
- Be able to work flexibly and collaboratively, especially with Outbreak (https://outbreak.org.uk/) and other staff
- Be able to build on and develop the outreach opportunities among children and families
- Be an effective trainer and encourager of volunteers
- For 20 hours per week – to be worked flexibly on site
- Salary pro rata of £27,000-28,500 year (depending on experience)
Pimlico is 15 minutes walk away from Parliament Square. Despite the exclusive postcode and reputation for wealth this is an area with a rich socio-economic mix. The wealthy live side-by-side with those who are struggling to make ends meet. There are high levels of homelessness and mental illness, as well as a diverse range of ethnicities and cultural backgrounds.
We are a welcoming community-based Anglican church, working with some of the most vulnerable in our community, committed to developing pioneering work which will enable us to grow spiritually and numerically.
For an informal chat please contact Rev Lis Goddard, on 02076306282
or email lis.goddard-at-st-james-the-less.org
There is a genuine occupational requirement that the holder of this post is a committed Christian.
The parish of St James the Less is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all those who are vulnerable. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service disclosure and identity check.
All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK.
We have extended the Closing Date for Applications: 12 noon 20 March 2023
Applications to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews: 27 March 2023
Confidential Declaration Form to be returned with application